Q. What do your websites cost?
A. Our prices depend on many factors. To get a better idea of the cost of what you need, give us a quick phone call at (518) 392-0846. We’ll ask a few questions about your project, what features and interactivity you’ll need, who will handle content development, whether or not you’d like to sell online. After this short discussion, we should be able to give you a baseline number. If you’re still interested, we’ll be happy to develop a comprehensive proposal that outlines the scope, process and costs.
Q. How long does it take to build a site?
A. Once we have all the content (text and images), it should take 8-12 weeks for us to design and build a typical, small scale website of 8-10 pages. The most time consuming phase of any web project is collecting and writing the content.
Q. Why should we hire Trevellyan.biz?
A. We started our business in 2003, after each having strong and successful careers in computer programming, graphic design, and marketing. We believe that our strong portfolio and our solid reputation for producing quality work on time and on budget are our best sales tools. We provide a list of references with each proposal.
Q. How does the development process work?
A. There are nine steps in our development process
- Discovery – If the project is a rebuild, we review your current content and make further recommendations for improvements. If it’s a new site, we start by discussing the subjects and functionality you envisage for your site and develop an outline for you.
- Content – You compile all the content for the website, including all text and images.
- Preliminary Design – We create a home page concept including colors, fonts, image style and layout.
- Organization – When we have received all content in its final version, we review it to determine the best way to organize the information. The structure of the site is based on this organizational scheme and must be approved by you.
- Design Revision – After reviewing the initial design, you have the opportunity to request changes.
- Implementation – Once we’ve received your approval on the design, we move on to implementation. This is where the approved design becomes concrete and where we add site-specific features.
- Page Content – When we have all the content that will be included on the site and an approved design, we will enter all the data.
- Testing – We run through a final set of tests to be sure that everything is functional. You have an opportunity at this time to test the site as well.
- Launch – Once we have your final approval, we launch the site. The marks the end of the project.
Q. What are your payment terms?
A. Generally we require a 50% deposit. The balance is due at launch, or one calendar month after testing begins, whichever comes first.
Q. Does Trevellyan.biz provide copywriting services?
A. We do.
Q. Does Trevellyan.biz offer web hosting services?
A. We recently began offering hosting services as a way to keep things as simple as possible for our clients, but we’re always happy to help clients with setting up their own hosting. We frequently try new services, testing their reliability and customer service, and we are happy to offer our recommendations for companies to use and others to avoid. We will set up the account in your name and have you pay directly using your credit card. As a courtesy, we continue to monitor the service, and let you know when the hosting plan or domain registration is due for renewal.
Q. Are your sites mobile-friendly?
A. Yes. Every site we have built since 2010 has been mobile-friendly. The method we use to achieve this is known as responsive design, which ensures that the site works well on a wide variety of screen sizes, from smartphones and tablets through to small and large desktop monitors.
Q. Will I be able to make changes to the site after it is completed?
A. Yes. We use WordPress to build our sites and this powerful content management system allows anyone with good computer skills to make changes to their own website. We always remain available to make changes for you, if you don’t have time or you need more complex changes.