A. Our prices depend on many factors. To get a better idea of the cost of what you need you can fill out our online form or give us a call at (518) 392-0846. We’ll ask a few questions about your project, what features and interactivity you’ll need, who will handle content development, whether or not you’d like to sell online. After this short discussion, we should be able to give you a baseline number. Then, we’ll be happy to develop a comprehensive proposal that outlines the scope, process and costs.
A. Once we have all the content (text and images), it should take 8-12 weeks for us to design and build a typical, small scale website of 8-10 pages. The most time consuming phase of any web project is collecting and writing the content.
A. You bet. Before accepting the responsibility of maintaining a website that has been built by another company, we perform a WordPress Technical Review. This allows us to understand the way the site was built and address any high priority issues that we uncover. Once the review is complete, we can start working on changes. We bill for this work hourly.
A. We started our business after having had successful careers in computer programming, graphic design, and marketing. We now have a strong portfolio, more than 15 years in business for ourselves, and a solid reputation for producing quality work on time and on budget. See our blog post: What Makes a Trevellyan.biz Website Different.
A. There are six steps in our development process
1. Discovery. If the project is a rebuild, we review your current content and make recommendations for improvements. If it’s a new site, we start by discussing the subjects and functionality you envisage for your site and develop an outline for you.
2. Content Development. There are a few ways to tackle the job of creating the content.We leave you to it. You write what you need and send it to us when you’re done.
We work with you step-by-step. You select which page to work on first and develop an outline for that page. We review it and provide feedback. Then you write it out more formally. When you’re done we’ll review it again. This is usually the best option, particularly if your knowledge of SEO is limited.
We write the content for you.
We follow a Content First approach, which means design begins after we receive all the content from you. Rather than starting with a structure—a style guide or Photoshop mockup—we start with the content and build a structure that supports it
3. Design. We will ask you to share with us links to sites whose layout and design you like. We will look at those sites and then share with you a list of sites that we like. Based on your feedback we will create a design and refine it until you are satisfied.
4. Development and Search Engine Optimization. This is where the approved design becomes concrete. We transfer the content into the content management system, implement site-specific features, and perform basic optimization.
5. Testing. During this phase, we will test the site to ensure that everything is functioning correctly.
6. Launch. Upon final approval, we launch the site. The marks the end of the project.
A. Generally we require a 50% deposit. The balance is due at launch, or one calendar month after testing begins, whichever comes first.
A. We do.
A. We offer hosting services as a way to keep things as simple as possible for our clients. However, we’re happy to help clients with setting up their own hosting, if that is preferred. We frequently try new services, testing their reliability and customer service, and we are happy to offer our recommendations for companies to use and others to avoid. We will set up the account in your name and have you pay directly using your credit card. As a courtesy, we continue to monitor the service. When the hosting plan or domain registration is due for renewal, we will let you know.
A. Yes. Every site we have built since 2010 has been mobile-friendly. We use responsive design to ensure that the site works well on a wide variety of screen sizes, from smartphones and tablets through to small and large desktop monitors.
A. Yes. We use WordPress to build our sites and this powerful content management system allows anyone with good computer skills to make changes to their own website. We always remain available to make changes for you, if you don’t have time or you need more complex changes.