On Facebook, there are personal pages and business pages. We have compiled a list of the questions we get asked most often by our business clients who are just learning about Facebook for business.
1. Will I get spam if I add an email link on Facebook?
You will. To prevent Spambots from mining your address, you can write your address this way: soandso at domain.com instead of [email protected]
Users won’t be able to just click on the link to send you a message – they’ll have to type it in to their email program. And most people will find it annoying and might not even figure out how to do it – they’ll just think “the link isn’t working” but it will prevent your email from being collected. You need to decide how important it is to you to make it easy for the user.
2. What is SMS?
Short Message Service or Silent Messaging Service (SMS) is a communication service standardized in the GSM mobile communication system, using standardized communications protocols allowing the interchange of short text messages between mobile telephone devices.
3. Can I change my email login on Facebook?
- In Facebook, click “Account.”
- Under “Contact Email,” click “change.”
- Click the button next to the last option, “Enter a new email address” and then put your new email address in.
4. What does “Suggest to Friends” mean?
Let’s say I want to recommend your page to my friends. I click on “Suggest to Friends.” A window pops up that shows all my friends. I can click on each person that I want to recommend your page too and they will receive a suggestion from me to become a fan of the page.
5. What does Enable Event Wall mean?
This option adds a message wall to your event page.
6. What is Notes?
Notes is a separate page from wall. It is similar to a regular post but it only displays on the notes page and you have more room to write.
7. Once the time is set on an event, can you change the time?
You can edit the time of an upcoming event that you admin by going to “Event Info” tab of the Edit Event page, changing either the start time or end time, and clicking “Save.” An email notification about the change will automatically be sent to the guest list. It is only possible to change the time of an event if its end time has not yet passed.
8. Do “Fans” know when a new discussion on the discussions page has started?
No. And you don’t get notified when someone adds something to the discussion board either.
9. Can fans start a discussion?