Home » Blog » Ten liquor store Facebook tips for engagement

Ten liquor store Facebook tips for engagement

If you have a liquor store Facebook page, but aren’t sure how to use it to drive business, we can help. In this article we provide ten tips for improving your liquor store Facebook page. Rule #1: Keep it fun, keep it light. Social media is meant to be entertaining and engaging, as well as informative.

There are five universal truths for making the most of your Facebook page for business.

  1. Be engaging.
  2. Be responsive.
  3. Post frequently, but not too frequently.
  4. Promote your page outside of Facebook
  5. Abide by the 80/20 rule, which states that 80% of the content you post should be interesting and shareable, while the other 20% should focus on promoting your business/generating sales.
Ten liquor store Facebook tips

Folks often get hung up on item #5: the 80/20 rule. If only 20% of your posts should directly promote your business, then where is the other 80% of the content supposed to come from? Some businesses, more than others, find it difficult to generate that content, but liquor stores in particular have an almost endless supply of interesting topics.

We’ve created a list of ten ideas you can use to start generating interesting shareable content. It is important to remember that one of the main goals of any social media campaign is for your content to be shared, not only through an internal campaign, but organically.

  1. Offer cocktail recipes inspired by the season

    Inspire your customers with recipes for new cocktails. Is it the holiday season? Offer a recipe for Wassail. Is it the first day of summer? Share a white sangria recipe. Valentine’s Day around the corner? Everyone should know how to make a Kir cocktail. With each recipe, be sure to include a photo along with a list of the ingredients and a picture of the finished product. And ask your fans to post their own photos and customizations.

  2. Ask questions

    In addition to getting your fans to share your posts, you want to increase engagement. You want people to like individual posts, leave comments, and ask questions. Get the ball rolling by asking your own questions.
    • Which extra dry vermouth do you prefer: Noilly Prat, Martini and Rossi or Cinzano?
    • Sangria. White or red?
    • What kind of whiskey do you use in your Manhattan?

  3. Repost interesting articles about products you carry

    If you’re in the wine and liquor business, you’re probably reading trade journals and cooking magazines. When you come across an article that you think your customers will enjoy, share it! As an example, Wine Enthusiast has excellent articles about White Wine and Red Wine Basics, and Cigar World has an outstanding “Find The Perfect Cigar And Alcohol Pairing” article. The purpose of this sharing is to instill in your fans the knowledge that you are the expert in your business, so the article should have something to do with the products or services you sell.

  4. List specials and promotional deals

    Obviously, if you’re having a sale in-store, you want to promote it on your liquor store Facebook page. Also, promote in-store events such as wine tastings. Be sure to state the day of the week, month and date. And always include the time – start and end. You never know what day your fan is going to get around to reading your post. Don’t assume that they are going to notice the date stamp indicating when you actually made the post. Give enough information to avoid any confusion about when it’s taking place.

  5. Announce seasonal releases

    Consider promoting some of your lower volume products that are especially seasonal. For example, be sure to let your fans know when the Beaujolais Nouveau is due to arrive, and then make a big announcement when it does.

  6. Promote local events on your liquor store Facebook page

    You can use your Facebook page to announce events that are upcoming in your local area, even if you aren’t directly involved. This is a nice thing to do for organizations that can’t afford much advertising on their own, and it shows your fans that you are interested and invested in your community.

  7. Post pet pictures

    People love animals. If you’re looking to improve engagement on your Facebook page, post some cute photos of your pets. But remember, the purpose of these posts are to make people smile, feel good and share. Don’t post horrifying neglected-animal photos or stories of animal cruelty.

  8. Ask people to respond

    Each time you post on your liquor store Facebook page you should ask yourself, “What is the purpose of this post? What do I want my fans to do when they see it?” If you want them to visit your website to learn more, be sure to say just that and include a link to your website. if you want them to sign up for your mailing list, say that and provide a link. If you want them to like your page, say so.

  9. Promote one product/idea at a time

    Instead of writing about three great wines and showing a photo of three wine bottles, promote each variety one at a time. People look at social media quickly. They can’t take in three ideas at once, so be focused.

Let us know if you found this article “Ten Liquor Store Facebook Tips for Engagement” helpful by adding a comment below. And if you’d like to learn more about our social media services, email us at [email protected].

1 thought on “Ten liquor store Facebook tips for engagement”

  1. I consider myself fortunate to find this post on Facebook tips for Engagement. I have a client that I’m trying to teach how to maximize their Facebook Business Page on their own. And, they are owners of a wine and liquors shop. Could not have been a better find for me!

    So, I sent them a link to your article. I have agency access to their FB page. I used some of your suggestions and scheduled several posts (engaging questions), at different times of the day. I’ll test over the next two weeks.

    I’ve tried to get your message across at several meetings with them, but I’ve failed to communicate my message! LOL It’s the constant challenge we face with small business owners. We talk, they work their business. They retain, hopefully, one message. This client did… post more. But, all posts were on product and sales. Nothing on engaging their list… no questions for example.

    Anyway, thanks for this article. I’ll use it to help this business engage and grow!

Comments are closed.

Pin It on Pinterest